Author Topic: WPMC ANNUAL PICNIC - AUGUST 29, 2020  (Read 806 times)

Ron Hoffman

WPMC ANNUAL PICNIC - AUGUST 29, 2020
« on: July 03, 2020, 09:14:38 PM »
West Penn Miata Club
Annual Picnic

Have you set aside Saturday, August 29, 2020 for our Club’s annual picnic?  If not, then mark your calendars now.  As in past years, the picnic is a good time just to relax and enjoy conversation with other club members.  Unfortunately, due to the COVID pandemic there will need to be changes in our food provisions – details below

The picnic will be held at the same time and location as in previous years, from 11:00AM to 4:00PM at the Maple Grove in White Oak Park.  Reservations are required and as in the past, the Club will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, condiments in individual packets, soft drinks and water.  In order to minimize handling of food and serving utensils by multiple individuals as recommended by State and local officials, there will be NO covered dishes this year.  Instead, everyone is asked to bring his or her own sides (NO SHARING) plus plastic-ware and paper products (plates, napkins, etc.)  If you want additional garnishes burgers such as lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, etc. then bring those too (AGAIN, NO SHARING).

I need HELP!!   If anyone has ideas for games where you don’t handle and share balls, bean bags, horseshoes, etc. then please get back to me: rhoffman@westpennmiataclub.com or 724-392-7932.  I would really appreciate any help you can give me including providing and running the game, if possible.  Also, games where we drive our cars in the parking lot are out.  The last couple of years we had to share the parking lot with a large group at the picnic grove right next to us so there was no room for “car games”.

Please RSVP to my wife Pat at pat.hof@hotmail.com or 724-392-7932 by August 22nd along with your headcount.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and having “fun”.  Also don’t forget your FACEMASKS!!

Directions to White Oak Park:

From Pittsburgh via the Parkway East (Approx. 11.2 mi. or 20 min.)
• Exit the Parkway at Forest Hills (Exit 8A) onto Ardmore Blvd. (Rte 30 East)
• Continue 8.8 mi. to Carpenter Lane (Sheetz on right) • Turn right on Carpenter Lane - go 1.4 mi. • Turn right into White Oak Park
• Continue through the park 1 mi. to Maple Grove (on right)

From Irwin PA Turnpike Exit 67 (Approx. 7.5 mi. or 14 min.)
• Take the Pittsburgh Rte 30 West ramp
• Proceed on Rte 30 west 5 mi. to Carpenter Lane (Sheetz on left)
• Turn left on Carpenter Lane - go 1.4 mi.
• Turn right into White Oak Park

From Monroeville PA Turnpike Exit 57 (Approx. 10 mi. or 23 min.)
• Take the Monroeville Business Rte 22 ramp
• Merge onto Bus Rte 22 West
• Immediately get into the left lane
• Turn left on Rte 48 south (Mosside Blvd.) at Parkvale Bldg.
• Continue 5.8 mi. on Rte 48 to Rte 30
• Turn left on Rte 30 East - go 1.7 mi. (Sheetz on right) • Turn right on Carpenter Lane - go 1.4 mi. • Turn right into White Oak Park