Author Topic: SAT JUNE 20 - ALMOST HEAVEN  (Read 1080 times)

ZoomZ

SAT JUNE 20 - ALMOST HEAVEN
« on: June 21, 2020, 06:55:56 PM »
Almost Heaven Cruise by Walt Dillen
Hello all, I'm pleased to announce the first WPMC cruise for the 2020 season. We will be driving on a number of great roads to The Stonewall Resort in West Virginia. Looking forward to a great day with many old Miata Friends.
Date & Time: June 20, meet at 8:30 AM, leave at 9:00 AM SHARP.
Location: Marathon Gas Station, 130 Locust Rd, Mt Morris, Pa 15349
Exit #1 Mt. Morris off I-79, make a right on to Locust, you will see Marathon in front of you on your right
Lunch: Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall. Seating will be 6 to a table, outside weather permitting. I will be wearing a mask from the parking lot to the table.
RSVP: By June 15 to wldillen@comcast.net. Type of cruise: Zoomin'

ZoomZ

Re: SAT JUNE 20 - ALMOST HEAVEN
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 07:26:02 PM »
WHAT A BEAUITFUL DAY THE CLUB HAD FOR OUR 1ST CRUISE.  IT WAS NICE TO BE ON BACK CURVY ROADS AGAIN AND THERE WAS PLENTY OF CURVY ROADS.  THANKS FOR A GREAT DAY   ZoomZoom
ZoomZoommZoommm

Buzzelli

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 08:50:24 AM »
Perfect day for our first cruise of summer. It was great to ZOOM on the curvy roads.  Stonewall Resort was beautiful, very scenic with the lake and mountains. GREAT DAY!!.ZOOM ZOOM! VICKIE

petecurtis

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 01:09:27 PM »
It was indeed a beautiful, great day for a cruise!! With well-maintained roads, a fast flow of traffic, plenty of sun and a lovely resort destination, we really couldn't have asked for more! The highlights for me were definitely reconnecting with the club, discovering a new resort that I didn't even know existed before the cruise, the 170 year-old double-lane covered bridge in Philippi, WV, and of course, zoomin down some of the best roads in the region! Here are some pictures I took during the cruise just to give those who couldn't come some idea of how pretty the route was. And I promised Linda and Walt I'd say this, but coming from your youngest member, this cruise was the most fun I've had in many many months!!

petecurtis

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 01:16:17 PM »
Here's one of the view from the resort.

petecurtis

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 01:17:43 PM »
And here is one of our lineup in Mt. Morris, PA before we started zoomin!