Author Topic: 2019 ANNUAL WPMC PICNIC AUGUST 24TH  (Read 411 times)

Ron Hoffman

2019 ANNUAL WPMC PICNIC AUGUST 24TH
« on: July 15, 2019, 10:33:04 PM »

Have you set aside Saturday, August 24, 2019 for our Club’s annual picnic? If not, then mark your calendars now. As in past years, the picnic is a good time just to relax and enjoy conversation with other club members, not to mention great food and fun games.

The picnic will be held at the same time and location as in previous years, from 11:00AM to 4:00PM at the Maple Grove in White Oak Park. Reservations are required and we’d appreciate everyone bringing a dish to share and fill our food table. As in the past, the Club will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, condiments, soft drinks, water and paper products.

I need HELP!! I’m not that good at coming up with and organizing “fun” games so I can really use help coming up with games to play, organize and run at the picnic. I did find a website of suggested parking lot games for sports cars that might be of help. Go to: http://funkhana.com/

Lawn games such as but not limited to corn hole, bocce ball and horseshoes are also good. Please get back to me: rhoffman@westpennmiataclub.com or 724-392-7932 if you can help with a game. I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

We try to have a variety of food – appetizers, salads, covered dishes and of course desserts which always seem to be plentiful. Please sign up early if you really have a dish or dessert you must bring and “brag about” otherwise you may be asked to bring another dish if we start getting too much of one kind of food. Please RSVP to my wife Pat at pat.hof@hotmail.com or 724-392-7932 along with your food selection by August 17th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and having “fun”!!

Directions to White Oak Park:
From Pittsburgh via the Parkway East (Approx. 11.2 mi. or 20 min.)
• Exit the Parkway at Forest Hills (Exit 8A) onto Ardmore Blvd. (Rte 30 East)
• Continue 8.8 mi. to Carpenter Lane (Sheetz on right) • Turn right on Carpenter Lane - go 1.4 mi. • Turn right into White Oak Park
• Continue through the park 1 mi. to Maple Grove (on right)

From Irwin PA Turnpike Exit 67 (Approx. 7.5 mi. or 14 min.)
• Take the Pittsburgh Rte 30 West ramp
• Proceed on Rte 30 west 5 mi. to Carpenter Lane (Sheetz on left)
• Turn left on Carpenter Lane - go 1.4 mi.
• Turn right into White Oak Park

From Monroeville PA Turnpike Exit 57 (Approx. 10 mi. or 23 min.)
• Take the Monroeville Bus Rte 22 ramp
• Merge onto Bus Rte 22 West
• Immediately get into the left lane
• Turn left on Rte 48 south (Mosside Blvd.) at Parkvale Bldg.
• Continue 5.8 mi. on Rte 48 to Rte 30
• Turn left on Rte 30 East - go 1.7 mi. (Sheetz on right) • Turn right on Carpenter Lane - go 1.4 mi. • Turn right into White Oak Park