Author Topic: FRI OCT 11 - SUN 0CT 13 -WATKINS GLENN & PA GRAND CANYON  (Read 551 times)

ZoomZ

FRI OCT 11 - SUN 0CT 13 -WATKINS GLENN & PA GRAND CANYON
« on: July 14, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »
          ANNUAL FALL FOLIAGE
                                      WATKINS GLENN & PA GRAND CANYON
                                                                  BY
                                                    JOE & LINDA ZIMLIKI

This year we will be zoomin to Watkins Glenn.  We have found some great Miata roads
with some spectacular scenery.  When you say Watkins Glenn you immediately think of International Race Track and wineries.  You will drive your MX-5 on 3.4 mile Grand Prix storied road course for 2 laps behind a pace car.  After the 2 laps we will stop at Start/Finish Line where we will take your photo.  Not only will you drive the speedway track but we will drive the original street race course used 1948 - 1952.

You will be able to visit the many different wineries on Finger Lake region and visit the beautiful Watkins Glenn State Park.  Within two miles, the glen's stream descends 400 feet past itís breathtaking gorge with 200-foot cliffs, generating 19 waterfalls along its course. The gorge path winds over and under waterfalls and through the spray of Cavern Cascade.

On the way home Sunday, we will visit the Pa Grand Canyon.  In 1968 the National Park Service designated 12 miles as National Natural Landmark.  The gorge is 47 miles long with southern tip 1450 ft deep.  There is 2 parks with views of gorge.  They say best time to visit is autumn for foliage.  After visiting Pa Grand Canyon we will continue home by way  of more great Miata roads.

Have reserved a block of rooms in Dubois for Thursday Oct 10th.  If you wish to spend night before we leave for Watkins Glenn in Dubois instead of making trip early next morning, please let me know when you email me.  Cost for hotel is $79.90.

I have invited Trillium Club to join us.  There will be limit of 14 cars from our club.  Once you have made the list for cruise I will send you hotel information so you can make your reservation.  Reservations have to be made by September 11. 

DATE:  FRIDAY TRU SUNDAY OCT 11 - 13

TIME:  8:00 AM 

MEETING PLACE:  SHEETZ #148 - 2120 BLINKER PKWY, DUBOIS, PA 15801

CAR LIMIT:   14

COST:  $20 PER CAR FOR TRACK
           $79.90 PLUS TAXES - 2 DOUBLES - DUBOIS
             $104 PLUS TAXES - 2 QUEEN BEDS - WATKINS GLENN
             $114 PLUS TAXES - KING SUITE - WATKINS GLENN

RSVP:  lzimliki@westpennmiataclub.com

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:12:02 PM by ZoomZ »