Author Topic: Penn State Creamery Cruise  (Read 47 times)

Ron Hoffman

Penn State Creamery Cruise
« on: May 30, 2018, 02:39:48 PM »
PENN STATE CREAMERY CRUISE
BY PAT & RON HOFFMAN

Please join Pat and I for a “relaxing” cruise to Happy Valley and the Penn State Creamery (best ice cream ever made!!).  We will leave from Blairsville and travel US RT 22 through the Laurel Highlands; over Cresson Mountain to Duncansville where we will stop midway for a leisurely lunch (no deadlines!!) at Marzoni’s Brick Oven & Brewing Co. (www.marzonis.com).  After lunch we will then head out on US RT 22 to State College using the “back entrance” to Penn State.   The drive should take around an hour and a half so hopefully everyone will be ready for ICE CREAM.  After “filling up” once again at the Creamery, we can go on a walking tour of Campus and College Avenue if anyone would care to do so.  We can also stop at the Trader Joe’s and/or Wegman’s (voted by me, best grocery store in the world!!) in State College if anyone wants.  We can do whatever you want for as long as you want.  I’m never in a hurry to leave Penn State!! 

Date & Time: Saturday, June 9th @10am

Meeting Place:  McDonald’s, 10 Resort Plaza Dr., Blairsville, PA (to the right of the Walmart on US RT 22) in their BACK PARKING LOT.  There is a Sheetz right across US RT 22 you can gas up at if need be. 

RSVP: By June 7th to me, Ron Hoffman, either by email at rhoffman@westpennmiataclub.com or call me at 724-392-7932.

I am rating this cruise as Leisure to Sporty.

NOTE:  THIS CRUISE WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED ON JUNE 16TH

ZoomZ

Re: Penn State Creamery Cruise
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 08:50:50 PM »
We had a beautiful day for our trip to Penn State.  Great roads and you can't forget Penn State's famous ice cream which some of us took home with us.  Ron and Don, new member, both alumni takes us for a tour of campus.  Campus is immense.  We saw the obelisk which is a 34 foot tall monument, one of oldest ones on campus.  It has a stone from each county in Pa.  For legend behind obelisk you will have to ask Ron.  Ron & Don discovered some of the old ironic places of Penn State have closed, Rathskeller, Spats and "The Diner".  They couldn't believe "The Diner had been closed.  The Diner was known for famous grilled stickies.  The Diner is closed but grilled stickies are still made at bakery in Boalsburg, Pa.
Thanks Ron & Pat for a wonderful day
ZoomZim & ZoomZ