Author Topic: TECH SESSION - SAT APRIL 7  (Read 43 times)

ZoomZ

TECH SESSION - SAT APRIL 7
« on: May 02, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »

Tech Session
by Larry Shockling
Our Spring Tech Session will take place at Jim Locke Automotive on Route 130 in Level Green at 10:00 AM on Saturday, April 7.
Exact address is 549 Harrison City Road, Trafford, PA 15085. We have been treated to a session here a few times previously.
A visit to Jim’s shop is always informative and stimulating. It livens the spirit to improve your Miata and get out and hit the road,
a track, or wherever that Spring air is waiting!
Although a general purpose automotive shop, Jim makes a specialty of Miatas. He is a builder, race driver, instructor, and also at
times a racer. He is well known for his expertise with Spec Miatas. He can build one for you, deliver it,and teach you to get the
most out of it on the race track.  We believe that few members are into SCCA racing, but most would like to improve (can it be?)
the handling of their car. We'll also be informed about successes in the Miata racing world. Jim will touch on different areas of interest.
These could include:
•  Recommended upgrades for your Miata, for cruises,   for autocross, or even gymkhana events.
•  Model D Factory Spec race car status
•  Model A, B, C spec Miata local opportunities
•  Spec Miata events at area tracks, like Pit Race, Mid
  Ohio. Watkins Glen
•  Or maybe Miata racing on the Big Stage, like VIR.
Following the session, we plan to have lunch down the road at Lucci’s Pizza and Pasta, 3510 Rte 130, Irwin PA. The Tech session is open to dues paying members only, so make sure you send in your dues to me. You also need to inform me you are coming to the session and lunch. RSVP to me by March 30 at lshockling@westpennmiataclub.com.

ZoomZ

Re: TECH SESSION - SAT APRIL 7
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »
Great Tech Session as always with Jim
ZoomZ

Ron Hoffman

Re: TECH SESSION - SAT APRIL 7
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 07:27:49 AM »
Another super tech session!!  How fortunate are we to have probably one of the top Miata experts, Jim Locke right here in the 'Burgh.  Thanks, Jim!!