Author Topic: WPMC ANNUAL PICNIC - AUGUST 26, 2018  (Read 40 times)

Ron Hoffman

WPMC ANNUAL PICNIC - AUGUST 26, 2018
« on: July 19, 2018, 09:37:01 PM »
Have you set aside Sunday, August 26, 2018 for our Club’s annual picnic?  If not, then mark your calendars now.  We usually hold the picnic on the last Saturday of August, but another group beat us out reserving it that Saturday, so Sunday it is.  As in past years, the picnic is a good time just to relax and enjoy conversation with other club members, not to mention great food and fun games.

The picnic will be held at the same time and location as in previous years, from 11:00AM to 4:00PM at the Maple Grove in White Oak Park.  Reservations are required and we’d appreciate everyone bringing dish to share and fill our food table.  As in the past, the Club will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, condiments, soft drinks, water and paper products.

This is my first time organizing and coordinating our picnic so I need a little help.  I’m not that good at coming up with and organizing “fun” games.  I’m an engineer by trade and not too “fun” according to my wife, Pat.  I could really use some help coming up with games to play and running them at the picnic.  I did find a website of suggested parking lot games for sports cars that might be of help.  Go to:

http://funkhana.com/

Lawn games are also good.  Please get back to me: rhoffman@westpennmiataclub.com or 724-392-7932 if you can help with a game.  I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

We try to have a variety of food – appetizers, salads, covered dishes and of course desserts which always seem to be plentiful.  Please sign up early if you really have a dish or dessert you must bring and “brag about” otherwise you may be asked to bring another dish if start getting too much of one kind of food.  Please RSVP to my wife Pat at pat.hof@hotmail.com or 724-392-7932 along with your food selection by August 19th.

Check out the recent newsletter for directions to the picnic.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and having “fun”!!