Author Topic: Cruisin' to the Blue Canoe/Titusville  (Read 106 times)

Ron Hoffman

Cruisin' to the Blue Canoe/Titusville
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:32:26 PM »
[b]
CRUISIN’ TO THE BLUE CANOE IN TITUSVILLE
BY PAT AND RON HOFFMAN
[/b]
[/b]
Please join Pat and I on Saturday, May 5th for the first drive of the 2018 Cruising Season to Titusville and a mid-afternoon lunch at the Blue Canoe Brewery.  Let’s meet at 11 am at the Sheetz, Store #123, 5300 Route 8, Gibsonia, PA.  This Sheetz is right off the Butler exit on the turnpike.  Head north on Route 8 toward Butler.  It is at the first traffic light.  We will be heading out on some back roads to avoid all the traffic and traffic lights on PA RT 8 through Butler.  Thanks to Linda Zimliki for help laying out the route!!

We will be passing through Amish Country, so bring your radios so you can be warned of “horse hazards” on the road!!  We will also be traveling through some very scenic river valley country as we cross over and travel along the Allegheny River and cruise the historic and beautiful town of Franklin.  We plan to arrive in Titusville for lunch about 2-2:15pm at the Blue Canoe Brewery in the historic Chase Stewart Block Building in downtown Titusville.  There is a good selection of craft beers they brew on site and the food is also excellent.  Check out their website for more details:  http://thebluecanoebrewery.com .

After lunch, I plan to take whoever wants to go for a short side cruise through Oil Creek State Park on our way to Polly’s Ice Cream stand in Franklin, PA.

Since this is our first cruise of the 2018 season, it will be a good opportunity to get acquainted with one another and find out what everyone has been doing since our Christmas party.  I need to limit the number of people going on the cruise to 25 due to seating arrangements at the restaurant.  Please RSVP to me, Ron Hoffman by email, rhoffman@westpennmiataclub.com or call me at 724-392-7932 by Wednesday 2nd if you will be joining us.

I am rating this cruise as Leisure to Sporty.
[/font]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:53:55 PM by Ron Hoffman »

ZoomZ

Re: Cruisin' to the Blue Canoe/Titusville
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:32:17 PM »
LOOKING FORWARD TO 1ST CRUISE OF THE SEASON..SEE YOU SATURDAY

ZoomZ

Re: Cruisin' to the Blue Canoe/Titusville
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »
Ron & Pat
Great Roads, Great company & great weather!
What more could you ask for.
ZoomZ